assistant project manager
Role and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to assist the Project Manager and Superintendent on assigned projects. The position assists in the management of the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome. The Assistant Project Manager works under supervision, assists in management and/or coordination of on-site staff and gathers and distributes information. The Assistant Project Manager must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong time management, communication and client service skills.
- Assist in preparation and execution of project plans
- Assist with submitting, maintaining logs and estimating
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement
- Assist in cost control and cost management systems
- Assist in managing construction schedule based on project team input, Subcontractor progress and materials delivery
- Track and inspect material deliveries
- Attend and/or lead project meetings
- Assist in development and maintenance of site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager and Superintendent
- Assist with project close-out
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in the construction industry
- Good knowledge of project management; Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to apply project management concepts to an information technology environment
- Ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software
- Valid driver’s license
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate well with outside customers and subcontractors as well as all levels of internal management and coworkers
- Ability to balance demand and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Must possess knowledge of standard commercial construction practices
- Must be able to work competently even under extreme pressure.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in construction management or related field preferred, but not required
Superintendent’s work primarily at the construction site. On any construction project, there are a number of laws and regulations that one must follow. Local building ordinances might ban certain materials, for example, such as wood shingles. The worker must know the safety regulations for various jobs and equipment operators and ensure that employees comply. Must be able to navigate the job site and is expected to be able to comply with all safety regulations in the office and on the job site.
Typical working hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. which will require supervision as needed. Hours can also vary by job, location and season, and may require additional hours to complete job tasks. This position may require occasional nights, weekends and/or holidays, and may also require traveling out of town.
Capable of sitting, standing, stooping, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift fifty pounds and have good eyesight and hearing.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Project Manager
**Complete Construction Contractors, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.