Role and Responsibilities
- Supervise and oversee the work of all subcontractors
- Guarantees that all subcontractors are complying with the project requirements and building codes
- Ensures that construction occurs according to schedule
- Attend pre-construction walks
- Order necessary materials and organize site-specific details for review at job site
- Review and schedule work when required
- Attend all construction meetings and advise Project Manager of all construction details, issues, and daily status updates
- Coordinate and conduct group moves during construction to insure minimal impact on productivity
- 3+ years of experience in construction industry
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and site plans
- Remarkable ability to recognize and provide a safe work site with acceptable quality and efficiency
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Must be able to work even under extreme pressure.
Construction Superintendent's work is primarily at the construction site. On any construction project, there are a number of laws and regulations that one must follow. Local building ordinances might ban certain materials, for example, such as wood shingles. The worker must know the safety regulations for various jobs and equipment operators and ensure that employees comply.
Typical working hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. which will require supervision as needed. Hours can also vary by job, location and season, and may require additional hours to complete job tasks. This position may require occasional nights, weekends and/or holidays, and may also require traveling out of town.
Capable of sitting, standing, stooping, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift fifty pounds and have good eyesight and hearing.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Project Manager
**Complete Construction Contractors, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.