The Crew Foreman is to provide the necessary planning, direction, control and supervision of field crew, in order to accomplish the requirements of all projects assigned, in the most efficient manner possible while assuring a high standard of quality.
Role and Responsibilities
- Delegate daily work to crew members and supervise crew members on assignments.
- Coordinate with supervisor as the lead person; walk through job site with the Project Manager.
- Manage loading of materials and the necessary equipment to perform the given task.
- Monitor crew member’s work and evaluate their performance.
- Ensure compliance to safety rules and regulations.
- Review and manage crew schedules.
- Prepare field reporting, including daily foreman’s report, safety reports, inspection reports, etc.
- Ensure all company policies are consistently followed by all personnel under responsibility.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Perform all other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Project Manager.
- 5+ years of experience within the construction industry, with a minimum of two years supervision experience.
- Remarkable experience in crew management, good planning ability, and supervision skills.
- Exceptional knowledge in trade.
- Good organizational and communication skills, and time-management skills.
- Excellent leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Understand and be familiar with different aspects of construction.
- Must be able to work competently even under extreme pressure.
- High School graduate. Advanced training in construction with journeyman training in carpentry preferred.
Crew Foreman work primarily at the construction site. On any construction project, there are a number of laws and regulations that one must follow. Local building ordinances might ban certain materials, for example, such as wood shingles. The worker must know the safety regulations for various jobs and equipment operators and ensure that employees comply.
Typical working hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. which will require supervision as needed. Hours can also vary by job, location and season, and may require additional hours to complete job tasks. This position may require occasional nights, weekends and/or holidays, and may also require traveling out of town.
Must be able to lift fifty pounds and have good eyesight and hearing.
Tool list required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Superintendent
**Complete Construction Contractors, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.