Director of construction
The Director of Construction manages and directs all aspects of construction operations, to include (but not limited to) people, functions, and teams responsible for completing production and program requirements involving Residential and Commercial construction (new, renovations/remodels, disaster recovery), warranty and special projects. The role of the Construction Director is to execute operations to include plan refinement, construction office management, warehouse/lay down yards management (including construction vehicles maintenance), purchasing (procurement) and finance, construction staff assignments, vendor/subcontractor arrangements. The Director is responsible for planning and implementing the master construction schedule to meet deadlines for phase completion.
The Director oversees all construction staff, materials and logistics, equipment, procurement and management of subcontractors, and management of special projects that may arise through partnerships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creates and manages a Master Construction Schedule & Construction Budget to meet expectations for quality, efficiency and timely completion of each phase; oversees Master Schedule development and tracking to ensure data is current and accurately reported. Works with CEO to determine appropriate metrics to be tracked for reporting purposes for donors, government requirements and performance goals.
- Coordinates all facets of construction to meet overall organizational goals for operations including Site Prep and Special Projects. Manages interdepartmental communications and meetings so that Construction functions within the team
- Works with Pre-Development Director and CEO to coordinate site plans and layouts consistent with development of plot plans and building types for each lot/community
- Receives plans and permitted projects from the Pre-Development Director and CEO
- Coordinates development layout activity with Project Managers and construction staff
- Manages staff development and performance standards for Construction Department and procurement staff
- Ensures appropriate use of human resources, targets needs for staff increases, decreases and/or position changes to manage a smooth and efficient Construction Department
- Responsible for cost accounting, budget management and analysis for Construction Department
- Ability to think outside the box
- Xactimate Training & Experience a plus
- Residential & Commercial construction experience, Disaster Recovery & Remediation experience preferred but not required
- Perform other duties as required by business needs and requested by the CEO
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills and capacity to build a strong departmental team
- Strong communication skills to work across departments and with various levels of management
- Experience in negotiating and managing subcontractors
- Ability to think strategically and to envision and balance "big picture" priorities
- Computer literacy with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Project (Word, Excel) and Internet
Capable of sitting, standing, stooping, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift fifty pounds and have good eyesight and hearing.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: CEO
**Complete Construction Contractors, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.