Project Manager - New Construction
The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee, facilitate and perform successful completion of construction projects in the New Construction division. At times this role will assist in the other divisions of Disaster Recovery and Repairs, Renovations, Remodels and Additions, and Maintenance.
- Ensure that homes are built to requirements and specifications established by construction drawings, building codes, and clients.
- Monitor production schedules, critical paths for projects, trade contractor schedules, and cost control to ensure that homes are completed on time and meet expected quality and profit levels.
- Develop and maintain strong, Supplier and Subcontractor relationships. Communicate company’s quality and performance standards to each Subcontractor and Supplier.
- Conduct work inspections to ensure that those standards are met.
- Monitor project quality and cost control.
- Work with the selections coordinator to ensure that clients make selections on time.
- Communicate with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems
- Implement checklists for inspections, quality control, and standard operating procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry with supplementary experience or knowledge in accounting and business. Having a post graduate degree in construction management is considered an advantage.
- Must possess an excellent communication skill and problem-solving ability
- Effective time-management
- Must have the ability to plan and coordinate a team effort.
- Mandatory to be familiar with different aspects of construction and the local workplace safety rules and guidelines.
- Must be able to work competently even under extreme pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in fields such as construction management or construction science preferred, but not required
Project Managers work both in the main office where the overall project is being monitored and at the construction site. Project Managers make the most of the advance telecommunications and Internet access by being onsite and still being in constant communication with the office. They are usually on call 24 hours a day to handle interruptions, bad weather, or emergency situations at the jobsite.
Typical working hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. which will require supervision as needed. Hours can also vary by job, location and season, and may require additional hours to complete job tasks. This position may require occasional nights, weekends and/or holidays, and may also require traveling out of town.
Capable of sitting, standing, stooping, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift fifty pounds and have good eyesight and hearing
A Non-Compete and Confidentiality Agreement are required for this position. Side work of any nature is not permitted and will be grounds for immediate dismissal as detailed in the agreements.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Construction Industry: 5 years
**Complete Construction Contractors, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.